VerbTribe 2: Deepening Your Writing Practice (Online Class)
Since 2012, VerbTribe has not only been an introduction to "sitting the hell down and writing" and creating a sustainable daily writing practice, it has produced over 600 alumni who continue to support each other's writing and share resources. For 2019, VerbTribe has been completely revised from a 37 day course with daily writing prompts to a 6-week exploration of what it means to be a writer, how to create a writing practice, what stops us from acting on the "I want to be a writer" or "I have a book inside of me" dream, how to read like a writer, and much more.
A great gift for the writer in your life! Perhaps that is you.
The course will include:
- Daily writing assignments in an online classroom for six weeks
- An expectation of at least 10 minutes of writing each day of the course
- Weekly 1-hour group phone calls with Patti to discuss "blocks," ask questions, and share writing (Wednesdays from 12-1pm Eastern)
- One 30-minute 1:1 Skype or Zoom call with Patti for coaching, questions, and feedback on a 10-page piece of writing of your choosing (to be scheduled after the course begins)
- A private Facebook group for the class to share resources and for scheduled "chats" during the course
- Access to the VerbTribe Alumni online community after the course ends
- Writing prompts that will be emailed to you every day for 30 days after the course ends
- Some surprises.
- Learn what patterns keep you from writing and how to change what you do at those "choice points"
- Explore your own resistances to writing and gain strategies for overcoming them
- Understand your "voice" in your writing and how to hone it
- Leave with a sustainable writing practice and 30 days of writing prompts to keep the momentum going
Art & Fear by Ted Orland and David Bayles
On Directing Film by David Mamet
Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
Limited to 14 people. This will not be offered if we do not reach the minimum of 10 people per class. Should that happen, you will receive a full refund of your class fee.
January 23 - March 6, 2019, with six calls on January 23, 30, February 6, 13, 20, 27, and March 6 from 12-1pm Eastern.
If you have questions, email me at email@example.com. I hope to see you there!